The Forty Wall House is an open source project.
We invite you to suggest or contribute innovative sustainable materials or technology.
To be considered, the suggestions must be
- sourced raw from nature or
- produced as carbon neutral,
- perpetually renewable, recyclable or compostable,
- produced in, or eventually produced in Australia,
- non-polluting and healthy.
Examples of the materials currently under consideration:
- Wood chip, sawdust, lime (various mixtures)
- Green walls, sod walls
- Recycled paper
- Untreated weatherboard (various timber species)
- Straw panels, straw slip
- Hempcrete blocks
- Wattle and daub variations
- Sheep wool
- Innovative uses of carbon neutral brick and stone masonry
- Rubble gabions, gravel